Monday, September 19, 2011

Toddler Activities for the Letter X

For the letter X, we talked about our BONES and X-Rays. For my two year old, I cut out two bones and had her glue them in the shape of the letter X. For my four year old, I drew a (rough) picture of a skeleton and cut it into pieces for a puzzle:

Materials:
black and white construction paper
scissors
stick glue

Step One: It's been a few weeks since I did this activity with my girls, but I remember that my two year old was on a rampage that morning, so I knew her craft had to be QUICK AND EASY. I cut the bones out of white construction paper and had them ready on black paper for her to glue into place.

Photobucket

Photobucket

She lasted long enough to glue her bones in place to make an "X," but was done before I could catch a picture of her with it.

Photobucket

Step Two: Hazel loved her puzzle. I pulled up a few pictures of a skeleton on google images and drew a skeleton onto white construction paper (if I can do it, so can you). Then I cut the skeleton into sections to create a puzzle for her.

Photobucket

She glued the pieces into place until her skeleton was finished. She was so proud of it that she taped it onto her bedroom door.


Photobucket


These are great activities to get ready for Halloween as well. 
I can't wait to start Halloween crafts!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments :

Post a Comment