Friday, July 13, 2012

The Perfect Diaper Bag


Well, ever since our sweet baby boy joined our family I have been a bit tied up time-wise. Turns out having four children under the age of five is really hard. However, I am journaling more than ever because every day is literally an adventure. I can't wait to share the highlights soon. And life is oh so good. Just busy. And really hard.

We have been continuing our letter of the week activities so I will continue posting my ideas...soon. Our summer has been buzzing along with a trip to the beach, family reunions, local "field trips," swim lessons and blessed blessed nap times. I am getting a little better about getting out of the house with all four children, but it requires a lot of STUFF. In fact, for the past two months, I've been on a very intense, laborious hunt for the ultimate mommy companion--the perfect diaper bag. And it turns out, finding this perfect bag is much harder than I thought.

Here's what I've found so far (click on the picture to follow the link):

Waterproof BEST SELLER Diaper bag/Messenger bag STOCKHOLM Navy blue and white nautical striped - Martha Stewart , Baby talk magazine
JJ Cole Swag Bag JJ Cole Technique Diaper Bag
JJ Cole Mode Diaper Tote BagJJ Cole Satchel Diaper Bag


OiOi Baby Ikate Hobo Diaper Bag


Faux Buffalo Carry-All Tote Diaper Bag by Oi Oi - Turquoise
Bella Tunno 'Super Star' Diaper Bag
         
 







Now each of these bags have pros and cons for me and I was going to write them all out but I think it boils down to personal taste and needs and okay, price. For me, my bag needs to be roomy with lots of compartments for keys, phone, etc. I need to have outer pockets on the ends and a comfortable shoulder strap. The fabric has to be wipe-able and durable. And though I'd prefer it to be fashionable, I care more about quality. And I would love it to be original! I'm not asking too much am I?

Which is your favorite?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

6 comments :

  1. My bag is my favorite:) It's all those things you listed (except a little pricey), but I also did a lot of research and it looked like the perfect bag to fit me for all my kids. It's SUPER roomy. Looks bigger than any of the bags you posted (although they are all super cute). I just love it. Oioi here:http://www.amazon.com/OiOi-Baby-Jacquard-Carry-Black/dp/B000OUWOOQ/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1342319477&sr=8-10&keywords=oioi+diaper+bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them all, but I think my initial favorite is the green one. Love that print! The big red orange one near the end is great too. And the gray print one? You might also want to think about which one is versatile color-wise for summer going into fall/winter. Or an excuse to buy another one? :) Let me know which one you choose. You will be one stylish mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally sympathize with this post Janelle! Just as I was getting used to carrying a regular (oversized) purse again, along comes another baby and back to the diaper bag we go. I have actually found that my favorite bag is one I bought at BYU like 10 years ago for school. It's huge, has an inner zip pocket and 4 zip pockets on the outside. It's white too, so pretty versatile. But now the fake leather is finally starting to peel off, so I am on constant lookout for a new one! One of my main criteria is that it only have one shoulder strap (like that grey one) because I hate getting my arm stuck when that second strap doesn't make it all the way on my shoulder. But I am LOVING turquoise/teal right now. Anyway, there's my two cents! Can't believe you have 4 littles under 5! Bobby is 7 months and I am still adjusting to the 3 under 4. Whew! Edison is adorable and I bet spoiled by his sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep trying to leave a longer comment but something keeps erasing it! Anyway, it's Carey's fav (owner of Little Cherry Blossoms on 25th)

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.hayneedle.com/sale/jujubelegacybehavediaperbagbrownzanyzinnias.cfm?source=placpc&mr:trackingCode=7B683D6E-6177-E111-A36F-001B21BCC0BC&mr:referralID=NA&origin=pla&kw={keyword}&mr:adType=pla&mr:ad=18259751382&mr:keyword={keyword}&gclid=CJLMqcapubECFQI1hwodb1AApA

    ReplyDelete