Monday, March 19, 2012

Happy St. Patty's Day....a few days ago.

So I have a good excuse for running a little behind these days right? Our little Edison is getting lots of love and kisses around here and we're surviving because both my husband and I have AMAZING moms. Mine came for five days and stocked our fridge and freezer full of great meals and kept my house clean (and woke up with my girls while I slept in, etc, etc...). I had a minor meltdown (partly due to lack of sleep) on the day she left, but my mother-in-law quickly stepped in and has taken my three girls overnight for two nights in a row, so I can go to bed early and get some SLEEP. 
I love moms.

 One of our little neighborhood friends (age 8 or so) told my oldest that on St. Patrick's Day a leprechaun brings you a magic wand that can transport you anywhere and even dress you up in a sparkly princess dress, etc. Needless to say, it was a harsh lesson in fantasy vs. reality for my four year old who expected such magic on Saturday morning. However, my mom went out shopping during nap times and with a little bit of creativity, we pulled off a pretty great PAR-TAY.

We made cupcakes and my mom made MY FAVORITE meal, chicken parmesan. The girls got St. Patty's Day t-shirts and went on a mini "hunt" in their rooms for a treasure, which happened to be glow-stick wands my mom found at Old Navy. I wrote mini-notes from our leprechaun (whom Hazel refers to as "Basil") and left them on their dinner plates. The notes mentioned the power of IMAGINATION that really makes a magic wand work.


 The girls are closing their eyes for their "surprise drinks," green-tinted Shirley Temples (my favorite childhood drink).
Beat that, magic wand story.
 I quickly changed out of my pj's for the first time since Edison was born for this picture, so appreciate that. I love that David is trying to make Ellie do a goofy face and Edison is doing one all on his own.


Love these kids.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

1 comment :

  1. Look at you surrounded by those 4 little children of yours! You are so rich. Enjoy your wealth and watch them grow. Love your St. Patty's Day festivities. And you look so gorgeous with no makeup and post-delivery!

    ReplyDelete