Thursday, February 23, 2012

Kumon Books

I know that Valentine's Day is long gone now, but I crack up every time I look at these pictures. We have a yearly tradition of surprising Gram at work. For the past two years, I've covered the girls in cut-out hearts with notes written all over them, but it's getting harder and harder to keep the hearts on their little bodies. This year we went with a more simple approach...


Photobucket

Photobucket
They allowed me to put mustaches on their faces with liquid eye-liner and stick signs on them that read, "I mustache you..."
Photobucket
"Be my Valentine?"
PhotobucketAnd Ellie was the only one that rubbed off half of her mustache in the car.
Photobucket
(Love these little ladies.)
Photobucket
And my belly! It's still growing...So excited to meet this little baby boy. 
As I mentioned in my last post, friends are a critical part of motherhood and my dear friend Camille decided to throw me a "baby sprinkle." We had a lovely time. Pictures of that coming soon.
 
I must mention how much I love Kumon Books.
Photobucket
Since things have been slowing down near the end of this pregnancy, I haven't been doing as many crafts and/or activities that take much effort. I did, however, find a great variety of Kumon workbooks at Costco which has turned out to be a great investment.
Photobucket
We still sing our "Activity Time" song, talk about the calendar and the weather, and then open up these workbooks (still in our pajamas as you can see). I've been amazed at how LONG my girls will work in one book.
Photobucket
This is my three year old doing mazes
(wasn't sure if she could do them or not because her attention level is limited, but she LOVES them).
Photobucket

What I love about the Kumon method is that it's repetitive, gradually challenging their skills more and more, but only a little at a time.
 
My four year old has been working on her numbers 11-20. The "Number Games" workbook has her practice with color by number pages and connect the dots pictures, which she likes doing. We practice saying the numbers out loud as she connects each one.
 
It's easy for me with no preparation required and still give us a great learning time together.
And once my kids are ready to move on to something different, 
they give me some pretty clear signs...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

1 comment :