Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Toddler Activities for Valentine's Day: Fourteen days to go...

We made our Valentine's Day countdown today and hung it on a ribbon in our living room. Funny thing: I forgot to count the hearts. We cut out a few of each color and I hung them without ever making sure we had fourteen. I just now realized this and counted...and we have exactly fourteen. That's counting the small giraffe my three year old made for me to hang with the hearts.
What luck.
Photobucket
We folded our paper in half and I drew half of a heart for my preschooler to cut out. Then we thought of some simple things we could do to show our love for one another.

Photobucket
That one on the left says, "Share." I think.

Photobucket
Fourteen days to go. Our anniversary is on the 11th, but I never let my husband combine the celebrations. I don't want to be cheated!

P.S. Do you ever get hit by a small bout of the blues after a vacation? Isn't that why they say you need a vacation after your vacation? We came home from a trip to San Diego on Sunday night and I was a WRECK on Monday. Around 2pm, I was about to leave the kids with my husband (who was trying desperately to get some work done from our home office) and go sleep in my car somewhere far far away. It isn't until I'm sleep deprived and grumpy that I realize how much NOISE my kids make. Geesh. After 8 hours of good sleep that night (interrupted by only two feedings), I am a new woman today. It's amazing what sleep can do. Precious sleep.
On that note, I'm off to bed.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments :

Post a Comment