Monday, September 13, 2010

Outdoor Actvities for Toddlers and Preschoolers: Egg Carton Nature Catchers

Oh the things you can do with egg cartons! I loved this idea when I saw it and it worked out really well with my three year old.

Materials:
egg carton
paint
string
the great outdoors
We painted the bottom of the carton with different colors and tied a string on either side, so she could hang it around her neck. Then we headed outside and looked for treasures that matched our colors.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We found some flower petals, a roly-poly bug (I just looked up how to spell that), rocks, leaves, etc. that fit nicely into our "nature catcher." You can take a closer look at your treasures with a magnifying glass and talk about your favorite colors.

*This idea came from an activity called Trail Totes from Familyfun.com
(Um, I know I pull a lot of ideas from them. I'm kind of addicted.)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments :

Post a Comment