Monday, October 28, 2013

Top Ten Halloween Books

I really love children's literature. I'm slowly compiling a little library of my favorites thanks to the Weber County Library sale every August, but I thought I'd share my top choices for this time of year:

 I love this book. And if you search, you can find so many fun crafts and activities that go along with it. My kids love reciting it with me and we've read it over and over again. 

This is a cute book about finding your place. 
I just love that last line, "Oh my Gosh, I'm a Squash!"

This is probably my number one. Maybe it's because I have two daughters who are a bit like this. Angela copies her sister's costume every year, until finally one year she gets creative and comes up with something all on her own. The ending is awesome, with an act of sisterly love. 
Read it, you'll love it. (Name that movie.)

This book builds a monster face page by page and then it all goes away slowly as you tell it to "go away" piece by piece. This is another one my daughter wanted to read over and over again.
 
 
This one is entertaining. Some pages have things that are hard enough to keep my six year old searching, but most are easy enough for my four year old as well.

I love a good book about witches and this one has a nice moral. This little witch has two older sisters who know everything and tell her that she has no powers. So she goes out and figures out what makes her a unique and powerful witch. It's a good one.

These books are adorable. I love the illustrations and the names of each bug they come up with. Always a fun read. This is one that you'll want to read with your kids and not leave alone with them.  Those bugs are fragile.

 Haven't we all learned life's most important lessons from the Berenstein Bears?
This one is no exception. Remember it from my childhood.

  
Here's one that's new to me and I've never read the ending. It kept popping up when I was searching out my favorite books on Amazon and has great reviews. Anyone read it?
I'm going to find it at our library and try it out. Love those witches.

And your Halloween favorites? Please do share.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

2 comments :

  1. One of my best friends gave us "Room on the Broom" this year and I LOVE it! It was and still is very popular with the child who lives here. I may have cried the first time I read it. I won't confirm or deny that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've got Go Away Big Green Monster too and Macey loves it! Another one of our favorites (new this year from Grandma) is the Halloweener. My parents have dachsunds, so Macey loves this one too that is about a little weiner dog :)

    ReplyDelete