Thursday, January 19, 2012

Toddler Activities for the Letter A

We have been busy little bees around here in the Phipps' house. I've been doing my best to stick to my new routine and some days have been successful and others, not so much. But I've decided not to beat myself up about it too much. We're doing our best. We did start over with our letter of the week activities, which I'm directing mostly toward my three year old. As mentioned in my last post, we've started reading the BOB series with my four year old and we're seeing some real progress; I highly recommend them if you're looking for a good series to start with.

Here's what we did with the Letter "A":

We do try to make it to the library on Tuesdays to find books that coincide with our letter of the week. Here's some that I found this time:
Photobucket
(sorry for the blurry photo) 
I really love finding a few books on specific animals that start with the letter we're studying. The girls always love learning some new facts about animals and I enjoy it too!

For our craft, we got our fingers dirty and painted an "anthill" in the shape of the letter "A" in green paint. Then we dipped our fingers in brown paint and added little ants, crossing over the top of the anthill. Short and simple. She did end up adding some flowers and a blue sky...
Photobucket

For a snack, we made ants on a log with celery, peanut butter, and currants (which I've been a bit addicted to lately).

Photobucket

I also printed out some coloring pages and letter tracing pages for her to work on.
My four year old requested a koala coloring page and activity, so I printed both for them to work on together.

Photobucket

  Keep it simple! And have fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments :

Post a Comment