Thursday, February 10, 2011

Toddler Activities for Valentine's Day: Last minute Valentine's

Here's a few more ideas for some Valentine's that your toddler can make with you.
(My camera is on the fritz, so these pics were taken with my husband's iphone...)
Photobucket
can you see my messy house in the background??

We did these as my daughter's valentines for her co-op preschool class (this is one that survived in her bag, so it's a little bent). Cut two hearts of the same size, and one more with a trunk coming out of the bottom. Glue on two of the hearts as ears, add googly eyes and some conversation hearts and you have a cute little elephant.
"You are unforgettable."
I found this one on Family Fun.

Photobucket
This was a last minute activity. I was in the dollar store and needed something for the girls to do that afternoon, so I found this frame for $1 and bought a bag of conversation hearts. I put glue dots around the entire frame and let both my preschooler and my toddler add hearts to the dots. (Of course they ate more than they added to the frame.)

Photobucket
These are CUTE. I'm putting these on my girls' breakfast plates on V-day morning.
Cut out four hearts of the same size, a flower shape in some cute scrapbook paper, and two large leaves. Poke a small hole in all the pieces so that you can place a Dum-Dum in the center of them to make a lovely flower.
You can find the original idea here, at Family Fun.


Photobucket
This last idea came from my mother-in-law. She found this as a great way to make use of her leftover candy canes! I used hot glue to hold these together. You can add cute red ribbon with a love note or picture from your toddler/preschooler.

Have a great weekend!
(Tomorrow is my five year anniversary, so I shall not be posting until Monday!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments :

Post a Comment