Saturday, December 4, 2010

Advent Calendar for Christmas

My mother-in-law told me about this idea last year and I recently saw it again here. I finally put one together this year and my girls have LOVED it. Every morning after we wake up, we come downstairs and they get to pull down a sock and find a surprise inside. I make them recite the date, "December 4th" so that they can remember that we're counting down (or up?) to Christmas.

Materials:
baby/toddler Christmas socks
treats or small toys
ribbon
clothes pins or paper clips
Photobucket


Photobucket
I had a pack of mini clothes pins that would have worked perfectly, but I can't find them anywhere! I used paperclips which work too, but it's nice to write the numbers (or dates) on the clothes pins to help them count down.
(They attached the numbers to the socks here)

Photobucket

21 days to go!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments :

Post a Comment